Monday, February 1, 2016

Same Area. New Companion.

Hello!

This week's been pretty good for us. Elder Anderson and I have hit the ground running. Of course Monday throughWednesday was mostly running around and preparing for the ever hectic season of transfers. The mission department has outlawed transfer meetings, so instead of everyone meeting in Spanish Town to then disperse and see the dead missionaries, we just basically get the call, and Monday to Thursday, we somehow by some logistic miracle end up in our area. Taking fancy buses and stuff. It was crazy busy, but I think it all went off well. Some people are pretty mad there's no transfer meeting, but that's their issue. I think it's pretty cool. I'm also glad I don't have to worry about for another few months. I really hope I'm in Kingston for the rest of my mission.

But that was crazy, then I got Elder Anderson! He's pretty cool. Spent the whole day on Thursday trying to help a trainee get a bike and get to Yallahs. Elder Pindor. His first night on the island I took him out tracting for an hour, it was a refreshing experience. Reminded me of how much I loved training. He's all wide eyed and ready to learn, and has no clue what the heck is going on around him. So that was cool. Got to teach him how to find. Something that took me a year to learn, he learned in 75 minutes. So booya

Otherwise, taught some lessons, had a decent week for a transfer week. The other day we were contacting and we ended up playing a board game with some Rastas on the side of the road and got a return appointment with them. Then we made some friends with some JWs who were proselyting too. I think I'm gonna get a New World Translation off them on Tuesday.

but yeah, I don't really know what to write about anymore. What's new after a year and a half of emails? Just the people I teach I guess. But even then. What do you even want to know about the mission anymore? emails are rough now. I think I'm getting Mexican food for lunch. It'll probably cost all of my money.

My shirts are getting pretty huge, but I can live with that.

How many dates am I up to yet? I decided that you will probably get the first one, so congratulations on that one.

Love,
Elder Zeck

No comments:

Post a Comment