Monday, January 18, 2016

No Pictures and the Work Keeps Moving

With the one hour email thing, pictures are hard to justify. That and I really haven't taken many. I don't really have anything picture worthy right now. (I guess Mamadeb must give up on the picture thing)

Yeah, 18 months. Pretty nuts. I was eating lunch with Elder Kuehn (my MTC comp) the other day and we were talking about how long it's been and everything. I have definitely changed. I think in a lot of ways I'm still the same. But I just have a perspective now that I didn't have before the mission. A line particularly in my patriarchal blessing was something along the lines of, as I study the Book of Mormon, I will receive revelations of Eternity. And I've been pondering what exactly that means since Spanish Town. And I think I'm beginning to understand that. Eternity has become a very clear concept to me as I've learned and studied and taught. The amount of revelation I've received on my mission has been a pretty surreal experience and I've seen lots of blessings and promises fulfilled in ways that have been huge testimony builders. I think in a lot of ways I'm going to come home and be the same. I'm still going to wear capes and ponchos and stuff. I'll still probably think skateboarding is cool and I'll still want to buy a really expensive drum set. But I'm definitely not going to be the same as I was, at the same time. I don't know. There was a day where I, figuratively speaking, "looked in the mirror" and I really didn't recognize myself. But it's in a good way, if that makes.. I don't know. I'll stop talking about it before I turn into more of a weirdo! I can grow a beard now too!!!!!!! How cool is that. Not that I'll grow it out....

For the box you can just put in like.. pictures are good. Just give me money or something. I'm going to send home a package. I had to pull out money last week to help a missionary buy a bicycle so I'm down a bit on the funds. I don't know if I can afford the cost of sending it right now.

I think I'm staying this transfer. The only thing the APs will tell me about my transfer is that I'm gonna be "so pumped for your next companion". The tri's still good though. it makes the work a little more flexible

Will Bishop Pierson pass around a calendar? and it was 30 in 20 days actually. I'm a little more ambitious than that, Mom. (Dates with girls......We've been joking around about that.....)

But cool. Week's been good. There's a pretty unfortunate flu going around. I had for a day but then I got better. Elder Biddulph's been down and out. It was so bad and rampant in Spanish Town zone that they had to move their zone meeting because too many people couldn't travel. haha. Funny stuff. But I'm almost better. It's probably 'cause I drink too much soda.

This has been a pretty good week for teaching actually. Lots of really good stuff happening. we have a bunch of people working towards baptism! We're really excited for a lot of them! I think we should have a baptism this or next Sunday. depends on if we feel like he's ready.

I've been studying a lot this week about scripture study and why it's so important, and I was turned to the account of Jesus, after he fasted 40 days in the wilderness and Satan came and tempted him. I think it's interesting that all 3 times to combat the temptations, Jesus quoted scripture from Deuteronomy. And then even at one point Satan quoted a psalm to Jesus, and Jesus then quoted another scripture back. I think there's a lot of lessons from the story. But it just goes to show the importance of studying and knowing the scriptures. I realize simply reading the scriptures isn't nearly enough.

But yeah, I hope the week's good!


Love,
Elder Zeck

No comments:

Post a Comment