Thursday, October 22, 2015

Stolen Bikes But Not Stolen????

It was national Heroes day. Weird to think that I remember LAST National Heroes day. Went pretty quick.

The week was pretty crazy. Didn't get much important stuff done unfortunately. Lots of weird troubles. An Elder had his bike stolen, so that was an issue. I was going to help him buy a new one but then he got it back. Then MY bike got stolen, which was kinda funny, because it's a piece of garbage that isn't working right now. But then later in the week as well, some kid came to our house and told us his uncle stole my bike and stripped it and sprayed it green and stuff, and that he was going to call the cops but his uncle was going to beat him or something. I don't even know. Then his uncle walks by and calls us over and tells us the kid took my bike and he's willing to bring it back or whatever so he doesn't get in trouble. And so we have to wait for him to put my bike back together and bring ti back and now it's green haha. And while we were waiting the kid kept talking about how much he wants a phone and how his uncle sent him back to get a reward. I don't know. I think they were just trying to scam us. Didn't work though! So yeah, that was an event.


We also had DLT on Tuesday, the big district leader training meeting that happens twice a year. It's funny because I was at the one in February learning to be a District Leader, and now I'm at this one as a Zone Leader, teaching other missionaries how to be a district leader. Just kind of a cool thought. Elder Lafayette and I taught on Follow Up Calls, and it was really good I thought. I learned stuff, we were pretty much on time with our presentation, which usually no one is. We make a big deal of only using our allotted 45 minutes, not taking 2 hours like some people do. The meeting still went 2 and a half hours over. But yeah that was good. Then we did a trade off in Port Antonio, which was also good. Made the 4.5 hour drive all the way back home on Thursday. Just a crazy week, didn't teach much. Had some ups and downs with our investigators.

We had an issue with someone we're working with, her friends told her that our church sacrifices people. I thought it was kinda funny, but then I realized she was actually bothered by that. The things that are spread around about our church are so ridiculous. I'm sure I could write better anti-Mormon material than the stuff we usually hear. Everyone thinks we're a cult here. Or CIA. Which is funny too. But we sat down and cleared it up for her. I just get upset to hear that a lot of this anti-Mormon stuff is spread around and taught INSIDE other churches. Pastors bash on us all the time with falsehoods, and they teach it to their congregations, and then they teach their congregations how to bash on us. That's one thing I love about our church, we would never publish or teach anything as a church that diminishes someone else's faith. I was even looking at a Jehovah's Witness booklet the other day and it had a testimonial of a guy where he was talking about why he didn't feel the Catholic Church could be true. And all his points were spot on, but there's something slimy about putting that in a worldwide publication. Just my thoughts.

Justin Trudeau is Liberal right? Is that bad?

Nah I'm not stressed about going home. I appreciate the sense of urgency I get sometimes when I think about it, I completely plan on being satisfied when my 2 years are up, so I don't go crazy my last week like some Elders do. It's funny to watch, but I don't want to be that guy. I don't think it would be fair of me to wish I had more than I signed up for. However, an extension would be rad. I haven't asked for one though.

I'm just glad I still have infinity months left on my mission.

I'll see what I can do for pictures.

Anything else crazy going on back home? It's weird I have friends at home now.

Other wise, week's good. I have a new favorite scripture

Hebrews 12:2

Tell everyone you see in the next week I say hi and to write me more often because I've pretty much lost all contact with all girls I used to write, so I need void fillers

But yeah, hope the week's good!

Love,
Elder Zeck


Zone boundaries for Jamaica Kingston Mission:
Kingston, Spanish Town, North Coast (covers Savannah la Mar to Port Antonio), Mandeville, and Off Island..

No comments:

Post a Comment