Monday, October 12, 2015

A Week in the Life.....

Hello!

Sounds like the eventful week. I didn't even realize it was Thanksgiving. So happy thanksgiving I guess!?

But yeah, week's been good. Pretty busy. An investigator of ours was supposed to be baptized but she still needs a little time. She's having a hard time understanding the Godhead, which is kind of a cultural thing out here. I firmly believe that if our church got to Jamaica sooner, we'd have a much heavier sway in the religious world out here, but it seems like everybody is 7th Day, or some other church. Nobody really understands who God is, and it's a shame, and it makes our job really hard, because what we teach is not culturally accepted. So we're helping her out with that, and her reading.

Overall a pretty normal week actually. President came to Elder Bennett's district meeting on Wednesday, which went really well. Then we drove to Ochi to trade vehicles with the sisters, stayed the night with the Elders there, drove to Kingston the next morning for a meeting with the other zone leaders and sister training leaders, drove back to Ochi that night, stayed the night, drove to Sav the next morning to drop off a fan for a trainee, and didn't get back to our house until about 12:30! Lots of driving. Lots of listening to General Conference talks from like, 2008 or something. Whenever Thomas S Monson became a prophet.

Saturday, did a trade off so I was on foot in the sun all day. Forgot what that's like! My calves still hurt, but I enjoyed it. I love the truck and all, but I do miss the bicycle.

Not a whole lot to report this week, Just work as usual. I've been talking about it for over a year now, so you can pretty much guess how my next 10 months will be. Pretty much the same. But I do love it! I love the Spirit that's felt while teaching, and studying. I've learned lots about the scriptures, and about so many great people! As my mission is kind of facing the down hill though I can't help but think about what's next. I still don't really have a good idea of a career. The missionary in me just says to try CES or something, because then I'd hopefully never lose these things. I don't know if that's a good idea though.. I don't really know anything as a matter of fact. But for now I'm pretty content with just proselyting! It's all good, I hope all continues to be well at home!


Love,
Elder Zeck

2 comments:

  1. Former Jamaica missionary here, 03-05. I'm wondering if Elder JimmyZ has a map of the zones on the island he could send a picture of. With all the driving he does it sounds like they've changed quite a bit since I was there. Just curious. Thanks

    ReplyDelete