Monday, September 21, 2015

Staying in MoBay

So the week's been good!

Negril on Monday, just played volleyball and hung out, it was a half zone preparation day. Our zone is so huge it's kind of impossible to do an actual zone prep day. But it was fun. Very time consuming. Very sun burning. But fun. Busy time. That night after we proselyted we drove a couple hours to Ochi to crash at the Elders house there, then in the morning we made the trek out to Port Antonio to go and do a trade off out there. I got to see Elder Kuehn again! Which is awesome, I've only seen him a small handful of times since the MTC, so that was cool. Pretty good too, got some good work done, did service, visited some members, taught some lessons, found a lot of potential priesthood. I even heard one of the people we found is on date for baptism! So that's exciting. It was like, almost time to go home, decided to contact one last person. I was tired but I knew we needed to, and turns out the last guy of the night read the pamphlet and knew it was true! It's cool things like that, that make 4 hours of fruitless street contacting completely worth it!

Then Wednesday went to Elder Ozment's district meeting in Ochi, super good. President so lovingly bought us Burger King after and then we made the trip back to MoBay. Lots of driving, good thing I like driving. I will never think a 4 hour drive is long again. It's transfer week this week so we're going to be doing well over 20 hours of driving this week, but it's nothing now. I love driving anyway. So yeah, that's cool.

Taught some good lessons this week. A lady we're working with is on track for baptism on the 11th of October I think. Whatever the second Sunday is. We're super stoked for her! We're having a hard time getting her sons to take the lessons but her and her 6 year old daughter are there every week. She loves the church, knows it's true. She called out to us 3 months ago looking for a change, and she felt the Spirit tell her to talk to us, and here we are! Missionary work in Jamaica is tough. Everybody's religious, but there's a lot of traditions that are pretty deep rooted. A lot of false beliefs on religion and the nature of God. At first it was pretty humorous, now it's just kinda sad and not very fun because we have to deal with it, and incredibly faithful people are just wasting away. Even in the church though, people settle for what they got. I think that's how people go less active. The settle in what they find as "truth" and then God reveals more truth and either they become stagnant or they get uncomfortable. Even with anti mormon stuff. I can disprove and explain pretty much every anti-mormon doctrine I've ever heard, and I've heard a ton. But I think the only reason that is is because I don't want to be comfortable in my progression. The cool thing is though, is that out of every single church on the planet, this is the only one that can satisfy the quest for "more truth" for a life time. Every other church has a ceiling. This church doesn't. There's no end to the knowledge we have. I wish other people could see that. But, c'est la vie.

So yeah, good week. Super tired as usual, I haven't felt well rested in... ever... But some how I always have the energy to get through the day. and by some how I mean the atonement, but it's great. Still happy. Not struggling. Enjoying every moment I can. Making great friends, having tons of fun and lots of joy at the same time, like the Gospel should be.

No really weird stories. Had another investigator express her infatuation for me, and even went to the extent of walking out of her house in just shorts and a bra. That was pretty dumb.. But we dealt with it. My favorite thing to tell women is "put on a blouse so we can talk about Jesus" because of how often I get the chance to do it. It's pretty terrible. I've already decided I'm done teaching women anyway, the island needs priesthood and women have an affinity to truth they'll all make it eventually.

Anyway, Transfers this week. I'm staying thank goodness. The zone isn't changing much. We'll have like, 7 or 8 trainees in our zone. Lots of newbies. Mission is short on sisters so I wonder if many areas are shutting down. I hope not. Zone meeting is coming up soon too.

Cool.

Love,
Elder Zeck









Elder Lafayette - James' companion




Part of the North Coast Zone in Negril for P-Day



No comments:

Post a Comment