Monday, July 27, 2015

Work and Progress

Hello,

Yeah I got grandma's box, sounds like things are good at home. It's crazy that Jared is so old already, that's pretty fun. That's great Jordan has so much saved up, means he can start blowing money on cool stuff like motorcycles that I can use when he's on his mission.

The teaching pool is really good, we have 5 people on date right now for baptism, and 2 of them are really progressing well, the other 3 are either really close or not close at all. but it's awesome. This week we learned that when we do work, we find success! It's a pretty amazing revelation, but usually as zone leaders we spend half our week at meetings and doing stuff for the zone, but the past couple weeks we've spent most our time in our own area, which is fantastic! And it's funny how when we actually spend significant time in our area, our area starts to grow! It's comforting to know that I have the capacity to be effective. But now we have people working towards baptism, we taught like, 20 lessons, which is a record for me, and it was just really good. We worked so hard this week, it's a nice change from hours of driving every day. So that was awesome.

We had a really cool experience with a lady at church this Sunday, it was her first time, she was a little upset because she was late and she promised us she'd be there early, and she was there with her daughter. And we didn't really get to see her much at church, but we sat down with her after. We weren't really certain as to how she would like church, because our church is so different from most religions out here. But we sat down, and we talked for a bit and Elder Jernigan asked her how she felt about church and everything she saw today, and she just started to cry. She was a little embarrassed, but she couldn't help it. She bore such a simple, yet strong testimony. I won't forget what she said, "Today is a good day for change" She said it 3 times through her tears. She felt the spirit at church. Something she's needed for a long time. She's been looking for it, whether she knew it or not, and it really touched her. It was important to her, it actually meant something to her. She's excited now for her baptismal date in September. So are we. So is the whole branch. It's experiences like these that make weeks of rejection worth it all.

The week's been great though. I can't think of many more cool stories. I've lost like, 30 pounds in the past 6 1/2 months, that's kinda crazy. I'm still fat though. Working on it.

I've been super exhausted this week, I haven't been this tired since Portmore when I first got to the island, I don't know what it is but I've just been dead tired all day every day, no amount of sleep is enough. The cool thing is is I survive every day. Whenever I want to take a nap or I just feel kinda sick, I just tell myself to keep going, because it doesn't matter. Willpower and prayer, is literally all I have most days.

Being a couple weeks over my year mark is pretty weird, I feel like I'm staring over the edge of a cliff, it's going to fly by. But it's neat looking back. I read some of my MTC journal the other day, that was pretty funny.

There should be a letter on it's way to you all as well I think....

Not much else to report this week. Something I'd like though is everybody's favorite scripture. so you could compile that list and send it to me, that'd be cool. Jared Jordan and Jackson might not have one yet, but for sure Mom and Dad, that'd be great!

But cool, thanks for all you do! I miss you all a lot.

Emailing is exhausting for some reason.

Love,
Elder Zeck

No comments:

Post a Comment